TOS Photography Gallery – Our Historic Sanctuary

6 Items

The land for our present sanctuary was purchased in 1921. The Byzantine-Romanesque edifice with its magnificent vaulted ceiling and stained glass windows was completed in 1928 and seats 1,750 worshippers. Designed by Boston architects, Blackall, Clapp and Whittemore, the structure is modeled on themes from Hagia Sophia and the Great Synagogue of Florence, Italy.