Guard your soul from forgetting what your eyes have seen.— Deuteronomy 4:9
Guarding Memories | Creating Histories brings together seven young Jewish artists contemplating memory. From collective experience, family histories, everyday interactions, or personal gestures, this show explores how art can be used to preserve the fleeting. The artists layer material and metaphor to visualize the ungraspable: memory itself.
This exhibit is co-sponsored with Moishe Kavod House and was curated and organized by Emily Mogavero and Natalya Bernstein.
• The Opening Reception, July 27, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm Enjoy live music, art, wine, and cheese
• A Gallery Talk, August 16, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Hear a selection of the artists speak about their work, how it relates to memory, and respond to each other and audience questions. Enjoy a little wine and cheese!
• Gallery Hours:
– Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
– Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
– or by appointment (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)